SEND Teaching Assistant
Single Status Grade 4
32.5 Hours per week
Term Time Only
This is a role in our dedicated SEND facility for pupils with neuro-diverse profiles, such as Autistic Spectrum Disorder and associated Social, Emotional and Mental Health and Speech, Language and Communication Needs. This would suit an ambitious, dedicated and skilled teaching assistant looking for the next step in their career.
As part of our ambitious plans for all pupils with SEND, we expanded our current provision in Sep 22 as well as moved to a new, larger site next to the school. This building has seen significant investment to establish it as a first class specialist SEND facility. It includes a high specification sensory room, fully equipped care suite, safe room with soft furnishings, small classroom and larger continuous provision room.
We are a highly motivated team consisting of a facility lead teacher, an additional qualified teacher and 5 teaching assistants supporting 12 pupils. We are committed to ensuring the children of All Saints have the best possible start to their education. Situated in an area of significant deprivation, we are aware of what barriers there may be to learning but, rather than allowing these to limit our expectations, we challenge them head on. We have worked together as a staff to develop a new creative, exciting curriculum and to provide extensive support for those with SEND whilst maintaining our ambition for what they can achieve. We have worked hard on our learning environment and put systems in place to ensure great teachers can get on with being great teachers.
The successful candidate would ideally have:
- Experience of working directly with pupils with high level of SEN, in particular pupils who have SEMH and ASD needs or a qualification that gives them an insight into their needs.
- The ability to create good working relationships to support pupils effectively and promote positive values, attitudes and behaviour.
- Knowledge and understanding to effectively use resources to engage pupils and achieve positive pupil outcomes.
- A Teaching Assistant Level 3 qualification or be willing to work towards one
- Knowledge and understanding of Early Years practice would be beneficial.
We can offer:
- A happy, caring ethos
- A supportive, well established and driven team committed to doing their very best for our pupils
- CPD opportunities
- Excellent classroom resources
- On-site Forest School
Candidates wishing to visit the School - and/or have an informal chat before deciding whether or not to apply are also very welcome to do so. Visits / conversations can be organised by calling the School on 01424 219083 or by emailing email@example.com
Applicants will be required to complete all necessary written work involved in this position. Employment will be subject to satisfactory Enhanced DBS clearances including the Disqualification under the Childcare Act. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment.
You will be part of the wider school team at All Saints C.E. Primary School and will benefit from a range of training and development opportunities. You will be working closely with the teaching staff to ensure a safe, stimulating and caring environment. Visits to the school are encouraged.
Individual Needs Assistant Single Status Grade 3
30 Hours per week
Term Time Only
All Saints are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, committed TA to work 1:1 with a pupil with an EHCP who joins our Reception class in September 2023.The successful candidate should have:
• A recognised child care qualification at Level 2 or above
• Experience of working with pupils with SEN is preferred
• The ability to create good working relationships to support pupils effectively and promote positive values, attitudes and behaviour
• Knowledge and understanding to effectively use resources to engage pupils and achieve positive pupil outcomes
• Knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Curriculum and Makaton would be beneficial
All Saints CE Primary School is a one-form entry primary school situated in Sidley, Bexhill. We have up to 302 children who are organized into single age classes including our thriving Nursery.
We can offer:
• A happy, caring ethos
• A supportive, well established and driven team committed to doing their very best for our pupils
• CPD opportunities
• Excellent classroom and site resources
Please visit our website for more information www.allsaintsbexhill.org
You will be part of the wider school team at All Saints C.E. Primary School and will benefit from a range of training and development opportunities. You will be working closely with the EYFS lead and SENDCO to ensure a safe, stimulating and caring environment for this pupil.
Candidates wishing to visit the School - and/or have an informal chat before deciding whether or not to apply are also very welcome to do so. Visits / conversations can be organised by calling the School Business Manager on 01424 219083 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org